Ⅱ. Cloze test ( 10 points, 1 point each )
Basketball is the only major sport that is 100 percent American in origin. It was 11 in 1891 by Naismith , a PE teacher in a high school 12 Springfield , Massachusetts. As New England winter is extremely 13 , he could not find any game 14 for his students. One day , an idea 15 him. Why not have the students pass and shoot a big orange ball through a basket indoors? Gradually the play spread throughout the United States, and later to the rest of the 16 . At first , a soccer ball was used in the game ; 17 ball used today came a little later .
Basketball was first included in the 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin, and in 1949 the National Basketball Association ( NBA ) was formed. Thereafter , the game gradually became popular. Today , it is regularly rated as the favorite 18 of Americans . it is played everywhere from playgrounds to driveways by ordinary people. At the 19 level, players such as Michael Jordan and Shaquille O’Neal 20 wide popularity.
11. A. invented B. discovered C. found D. made
12. A. at B. in C. by D.to13.A. warm B. hot C. by D. to
14. A. reliable B. inevitable C. suitable D. reasonable15. A. made out B. occurred to C. came up D. thought of
16. A. county B. state C. world D. country
17. A. a B. an C. the D. / 18. A. event B. sport C. item D. exercise
19. A. special B. traditional C. seasonal D. professional
20. A. gained B. will gain C. have gained D. had gained
版权保护: 本文由 浙江自学考试专业查询平台提供，转载请保留链接: 【2020年10月】《英语一》综合模拟题及答案二